An Overview of DNN Solutions
The DNN Platform is an open source, free and feature rich content management system (CMS). Without modification you can roll out a great website using this platform and have users interact with it. But using so-called extensions you can roll out very complex web-based solutions. There are many extensions available for DNN, both free and commercial.
DNN Corp Products
DNN Corp offers two products built on top of DNN Platform:
- Evoq Content includes everything in the DNN Platform, plus additional features to make it easier to publish great content.
- Evoq Engage includes everything in the Evoq Content, plus additional features focused on building a community and on social activities.
DNN products are designed around the needs of several personas or organization roles involved in publishing a website.
- Superusers (also known as hosts) manage the web servers and the DNN installation, which could support multiple websites. Superusers have full access to all websites in the DNN installation and are essentially site admins for all the sites.
- Site administrators manage an individual website (formerly portal). Site administrators have access only within their assigned website(s).
- Developers extend the functionality of DNN products by using the DNN APIs to build third-party add-on modules, which can be installed into the system.
- Designers provide a wide variety of themes (formerly skins) that change the appearance of the websites.
Besides these roles, the Evoq products include a few more roles
- Content Editors or Content Creators provide the content assets or components that are displayed on the website.
- Content Managers curate content and decide where each content asset appears on the website.
- Community Managers manage the online community through games and reward systems.
The DNN Documentation Center is organized based on these persona groups: